Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 2 Weeks

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T - 2 weeks (Dec 26-Jan 1):

Miles ran:  27 (3.5 mi, 20mi, 3.5 miles)

Miles scheduled: 28

Cross training:  Misc cross training

Total miles run since training began: 489

General Notes:  I say the race is two weeks out, but really it's 11 days.
11 days!!!!

The good news is I have completed all my long training runs. I totaled four runs over 20 miles. I must admit my last 20 mile run on Sunday, although my speed was fine and everything was okay, did not leave me feeling like I was ready to confidently tackle a full 26.2. But ready or not, it's going to happen.

This weekend I run the Ragnar relay from Miami to Key West. 200 miles split between me and 11 other friends. Going to be a blast. My total scheduled mileage is 14.6 for the race, but I might try to pick up a couple more miles.

If you've never heard of Ragnar, please allow me to show you why I love these races:


It is always a good time. In a full-on stupid sort of way. And in my opinion, the perfect way to end my marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment