Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Triathlon Tuesday: Ironman Triathlon Updates

Time for my every-once-in-a-while link to my other blog: Full-On Stupid: A Journey to Ironman. Training for Ironman Florida on November 1, 2014: 2.6-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run.

We're officially 9 months out from the race. That's a little scary. Up until now I've just been focusing on general fitness, but as of February 23 -- a little over two weeks from now -- I will officially be on a training schedule. Swims, rides, and/or runs (sometimes more than one per day) six days a week.

To quote my most recent favorite Ke$ha song: It's. About. To. Go. Down.

Here are some training highlights from the past couple of weeks on my Ironman Training Blog if you're interested:

The Post Where I Do One of the Things I Swore I Wouldn't Do (Yeah, I was also one of those people who swore I would never put my kid on a toddler leash at Disney World)

The Post With My Hardest Feat Yet (The hardest effort I put in for the Ironman yet, but it didn't involve a swim, bike or run)

No comments:

Post a Comment