Thursday, December 13, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 5 Weeks

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T - 5 weeks (Dec 5-11):

Miles ran:  25 (14mi, 6 mi, 5mi)

Miles scheduled:23

Cross training: Yoga x 1; misc cross training

Total miles run since training began:397

General Notes: A relatively light week in terms of miles. And I must say, after two weeks of 20+ milers on the weekends, it was nice to have a slight break and call my long run 14 miles. (I had the Surf-n-Santa 10 mile race, so I added four miles before the start - worked out beautifully)

I had some twinges and swelling in my right knee this week. Didn't seem to be anything serious. (I think it might be from lunges I was doing earlier rather than actual running -- so no lunges for me for a while.)  A friend of mine who was also training for the Disney marathon found out he has a stress fracture in his tibia and can't run for six weeks - marathon is out. After all the work I've put in, I'd be devastated. So caution is the order of the day.

Hard to believe the marathon is exactly one month from today. My main long runs looks like this from now on:

Dec 15-16 - 23 miler
Dec 22-23 - 15+ miler (we'll be out of town, so whatever I can get in)
Dec 29-30 - 22 miler
Jan 4-5 - 14 miles, over three runs (Ragnar Key West)

No comments:

Post a Comment