Friday, January 3, 2014

Triathlon Tuesday: Ironman Triathlon Updates


 Time for my every-once-in-a-while link to my other blog: Full-On Stupid: A Journey to Ironman. Training for Ironman Florida on November 1, 2014: 2.6-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run.


My Ironman Triathlon training, although not in full speed yet (that begins mid-February), has begun. I'm taking this adventure with two of my best friends Princess Megan & Hippie Shelby. The race is in Panama City FL on November 1, 2014.

Here are some training highlights from the past couple of weeks on my Ironman Training Blog if you're interested:

The Post Where Janie Becomes Intimately Acquainted with Shane West  (Something is going to have to get me through all those miles on the bike!)

The Post With the Ironman Christmas Presents (It's amazing how I'm incapable of surviving for one minute without music while training -- even in the pool. Plus cool other stuff, like not being able to count) 

And, just so you can really call me stupid, here's a picture my friend Princess Megan shared earlier this week of an Ironman Florida Swim start from a few years ago:

Praying the Gulf will not be like this in 2014.

Yeah, nothing to be afraid of there.

2 comments:

  1. Janie, wow!! Good luck with training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Design and quality are two of the most important factors that need to be kept in mind while choosing triathlon apparel. Since triathlon participants have to take part in three sport events, participants need clothes that are comfortable even when they are wet. Therefore, triathlon apparel is specially designed to dry off quickly. They are also designed to retain their shape and fit after they dry off. Triathlon apparel must be stylish, sexy, functional and comfortable.

    triathlon gear online

    ReplyDelete