Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 21 Weeks


Marathon Training - Week of Aug 15-21

Miles ran:  24.1 (5mi, 3.5 mi, 13.6mi, 2mi)

Miles scheduled: 24

Cross training: yoga - 1

My weight:  X (no change)


Running song o’ the week: You Can Finally Meet My Mom by Train

Audiobook: Finished You Are An Ironman by Jacques Steinberg and briefly started The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, but there was a problem with the audiobook. Got that figured out and now I’m back on track. 

Did my entire long slow run to the audiobook without any problems -- over two hours. But discovered I couldn't do any speed work to the audiobook, needed music to push through that. 

General Notes:  Although my mileage has been fine (mostly since I have a Half Marathon in 1½  weeks I’m preparing for), I’m having difficulty switching from running three days a week to running four. I’m hoping that cooler weather and the kids soon being in school will change that. 

My long run this week, 13.1 miles – a half marathon, went pretty well: 2:19. That was encouraging. Although I’m not coming close to my Half PR (2:09 in March 2011), I’m at least not feeling like death after that length. Looking forward to the Rock & Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon on Sept 2.

1 comment:

  1. You always impress me with how much you accomplish! Best of luck with the marathon! I know you will accomplish your goal.

    ReplyDelete