Thursday, November 8, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 10 Weeks

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 10 weeks (Oct 31- Nov 6):

Miles ran:  23 (3.5mi, 3.5mi, 16mi)

Miles scheduled:24

Cross training: Pilates x 1

Total miles run since training began: 267
Audiobook: Still reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Okay, this book is obviously not great to listen to while running since it is taking me so long to get through it. I don't really have any desire to listen to it during a run -- it just doesn't draw me in.  I'm not sure if it's because it's fiction (all the other audiobooks I've read have been nonfiction -- most having to do with running), or if it is just too descriptive - not my normal type. Either way I won't be trying a book like this again.

General Notes:Got in a big ol' long run this week on Monday. Felt good to do some hefty miles. I'm going to try to keep upping my long runs by two miles every other week, then back to 15 miles on the weeks in between.

I also did a crazy race this weekend called the "Anything is Possible" 5k. It started in the middle of the night, just before Daylight Savings Time ended. So I actually started the race at 1:50am and ended at 1:17am -- earlier than I began. Was a cute race. More importantly, I ran at a 8:30 min/mile average for all three miles -- great speed work. I want to try to incorporate more speed in my runs -- at least once a week. I think they make me mentally tougher.

Leaving today to run the Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas -- 200 miles with a group of 12 friends. Team "Worlds Dumbest Road Trip" (follow the craziness on Twitter: #RagnarLV).  Not sure exactly how many miles I'll get in this weekend. Should be 15-20. Plus all the dancing.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment