Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Writing Space - Jane Hunt

I'm continuing my series about something that interests me personally: writing spaces. I love to hear about that creative nook writers make for themselves in order to encourage the word-smithing genius. Therefore I've asked some of my author friends to share a picture and description of their personal writing spaces. 

My guest for this week is Jane Hunt, whom I've never met in person -- perhaps due to us living on different continents, but had the pleasure of getting to know during Harlequin's 2012 SYTYCW contest. (I still cringe when I think of my insanity with that contest -- seriously, I think Harlequin revamped the entire competition after hearing about the things I'd done last year.) Neither Jane nor I were finalists that writing contest, but both of us went on to successfully publish 2014. (You can ignore the hint of "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" in my tone).

Jane's first novel THE DRAGON LEGACY ("a sensual paranormal romance" -- sounds yummy!) will be released in January 2014 through Crimson Frost Books.

From the Desk of Jane Hunt:
Hi Janie thanks for inviting me to talk about my writing work space today.

I have an office on the second floor of our three storey house. In the summer I love to write in the garden or in the summerhouse. It has been known for me to write in bed if it's cold and rainy outside. I have shared the office since I started writing full time a year ago. I gained exclusive use of this work space in August when my husband moved into the garden office. I have roof top views of the surrounding countryside but ideally I would love to overlook hills and lakes. Well I can dream.  

My work space has a modern desk, bookcases and lots of ornaments. I share the space with my dogs Jazz and Oby they are wonderful company when I am writing for long periods of time. My favourite office possession is my Laptop a Christmas present from my children last year. Something I couldn't live without. I also adore my collection of ornaments given to me by my mother. I particularly love the desk and typewriter teapot and the secret garden. My keep calm plaque from my daughter always makes me smile.  

My desk although functional is the part of my office I like least. I would prefer an antique ladies writing desk. I came close to having one for my 30th wedding anniversary in August this year but we used the money to adopt Oby our latest dog from a rescue centre.

More about Jane Hunt:

My website is Jane Hunt Writer
First Steps is my blog.
Twitter: @ jolliffe03
Facebook pages: Jane Hunt Writer and The Dragon Legacy
Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this Janie :-) I think SYTYCW 2012 was special I met so many lovely writers who I am happy to call friends today :-)

    ReplyDelete