Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 16 Weeks

Training at T Minus 16 weeks (Sept 19-25)

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 16 weeks (Sept 19-25):

Miles ran:  21.9 (4.5mi, 6.8mi, 4.4.mi, 6.2mi)

Miles scheduled: 25

Cross training: Does talking trash in a van while on a Ragnar Relay count? No? Then nothing.

My weight:  X-1 (same as last week, 1 lbs lost overall since training began)

Total miles run since training began: 144.34

Running song o’ the week:  Fake ID by Big & Rich. I’m not a huge country fan, but I love this song. And how can you not love a group that has an album named Hillbilly Jedi? (although this particular song is from the Footloose reboot soundtrack.)


Audiobook: Still Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Marathon Greatness by Scott Jurek.  Didn’t get much listening done this past week because I needed music while on the unfamiliar Ragnar trails. (My full report of that race will be post in a couple of days)

General Notes: So last week I realized that we were not going to be able to take our family vacation to Disney the week around the marathon, as originally planned. Logistically, it just won’t work out for our eldest daughter to get off school. O homeschooling, how I miss thee….

I considered dropping out of the marathon altogether, but decided (with encouragement from the fam) to stay in and just make it a short weekend trip with my hubby. (Um, Mom… can you clear your calendar for January 12-13??)

That settled, it may be time to get down to some true training….

No comments:

Post a Comment