Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 19 Weeks

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 19 weeks (Aug 29-Sept 4):

Miles ran:  18.9 (3mi, 13.4mi, 2.5mi)

Miles scheduled: 16

Cross training: None

My weight: x (up 1 from last week's x-1; Ooops - guess I may have carb-loaded too much before the half-marathon)

Running song o’ the week: Fifteen by Taylor Swift. Thanks, Miss Swift, for making me cry and providing the soundtrack for my daughter’s life. I couldn’t stop listening to this song as my eldest daughter started 7th grade this week.


Audiobook: Still plugging away at The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  It was brutal hot outside this week, so I did my short runs on the treadmill (thus, watching TV) and my long run was the Rock & Roll Half Marathon, so I listened to music to attempt to keep my pace up. This is definitely a book I’m going to want to go back and read, instead of merely listen to. Lots of great stuff, but I’m such a visual learner I’m finding I can’t remember as much as I would like.

Trying to decide between Born to Run, Eat and Run, The Help or Water for Elephants for my next book.  Stephen King’s On Writing is also one I want to get to.

General Notes: Ran the Virginia Beach Rock & Roll Half on Sunday. It was hot and miserable (see full write-up here). Then, [cue choir of angels singing] the kids went back to school on Tuesday. With the kids gone during the week, it’s time to rearrange my running schedule. Instead of a long run on Sunday, my long run will be on Wednesday. So, if everything goes as scheduled, my runs/workouts will look like this:

Monday – short, fast (3-5miles) & Pilates
Tuesday – Yoga
Wednesday – long, slow (10-20 miles)
Thursday – rest
Friday – mid-range (5-8 miles) & Pilates
Weekend (either Sat or Sun) – mid-range (5-8miles) with hills

No comments:

Post a Comment