Friday, October 26, 2012

Top 3 - Fictional Bands

A little Friday awesomeness for you.

Every once in a while I write for another pop culture blog: Sweep the Leg. Mostly silliness. We often do a Top Three feature, where two friends and I argue about our favorite stuff and call each other names. A few weeks we discussed the Top Three Fictional Bands.

#3 Stillwater.  Cameron Crowe, you slay me. You are second only to Joss in your ability to rip emotions from my core. Almost Famous…a perfect film. A perfect fictional band. 



One of my favorite scenes in any movie. Ever. “You are home.” Indeed.


#2 Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.  Who??? Oh, you mean that Muppets band that was cooler than 99% of most real-life bands? Yeah, I do. This clip includes the entire Muppets gang, but it’s still awesome.



#1:Randy Watson and Sexual Chocolate.  Seriously, there was never any other choice for me. Eddie Murphy singing this song in Coming to America helped define the person I am today. And that my husband just calls himself Sexual Vanilla is just a bonus.



Mic dropped. Hands up. Exit stage right. Beautiful.


To read Adam's stupid differing opinion about this Top 3 click here

To read Anthony's equally stupid also differing opinion about this Top 3 click here

1 comment: