Monday, October 22, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 13 Weeks

Training at T Minus 13 weeks (Oct 10-16)

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 13 weeks (Oct 10-16):

Miles ran:  13 (6mi, 5mi, 2mi)

Miles scheduled: 25

Cross training: Circuit Training x 2; Pilates x 1

Total miles run since training began: 203

Audiobook: Still reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I like the book okay, but it is not enough to keep me interested/distracted while I’m running. I didn’t have a long run this week, so I didn’t really get to much of it. But I will finish it, even if it takes me a while.

General Notes: Evil sickness struck this week!! Maybe it was the all the running in the rain for the Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon, but I was coughing and snotting up a storm all week, resulting in my lowest mileage since I started training.

I’m also struggling with balancing my cross training classes with my running. Cross-training is Tue/Thurs and it’s a great class – really hard. But it pretty much means my muscles are shot for Tuesday-Friday. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to get in the miles I need to if I’m doing this particular cross-training class. So I may have to reschedule that class for after January. But I'm going to give it a couple more weeks then reevaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment