Saturday, October 27, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 12 Weeks

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 12 weeks (Oct 17-23):

Miles ran:  20 (5mi, 10mi, 5mi)

Miles scheduled: 29

Cross training: Cross Training x 1

Total miles run since training began: 223

Audiobook: Still reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Making slow progress, but progress.

General Notes: Once again not hitting the mileage I need. I have a lingering cough which is part of the problem, but really more of an excuse. I decided to go ahead and cut out my cross training classes so I can get my mileage up, but will continue with Yoga and Pilates.

I console myself that three months is still quite a while to get my miles upped. The end of November and into December is when I start to get into the real long runs (20+ miles), but I want to make sure I'm ready for those runs. I'm discovering that my difficulties are really more mental than physical. Time to get tougher.

If only I could figure out how to write my book while I'm running! Then I could run all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment