Friday, October 5, 2012

Countdown to the Marathon - T Minus 15 Weeks

Training at T Minus 15 weeks (Sept 26-Oct 2)

Another week of training for the Disney Marathon coming up on January 13, 2013. My training log for T Minus 15 weeks (Sept 26 – Oct 2):


Miles ran:  25 (10mi, 15.1mi)

Miles scheduled: 23

Cross training: Pilates x 1 – Have got to get back into my regular plan of 2 Pilates and 1 Yoga classes per week. 

Total miles run since training began: 169

Audiobook: Finished Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Marathon Greatness by Scott Jurek.  I enjoyed  it a great deal, but am going to try something different next – fiction, I think. So far I’ve listened to You Are An Ironman, 7 Habits of a Highly Effective People and Eat and Run. I’m thinking about The Help or Life of Pi next, but am undecided.

Running song o’ the week:  Something to Believe In by Parachute. 




General Notes: Two long runs this week kept my mileage up, or I would’ve been in trouble. I really felt great on the 15-miler, which gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, this marathon is really going to happen in a reasonable time frame. 

I’ve also come to realize how much weather plays a factor in my running. We had a hot spell late this week – back up into nearly the 90s – which made even the idea of running unappealing. I definitely would not have done the 15-miler in that heat. But give me mid-60s and I’m thrilled to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment